Skip to main content
- You should check in at the time the nurse told you in order that we may prepare you for surgery.
- Unexpected changes in the schedule may result in your surgery starting earlier or later than your planned time. You may wish to bring something to read or do while you wait.
- The receptionist will verify your insurance and demographic information and will ask you to sign several forms.
- You will be greeted by a nurse who will escort you to the preoperative area and will assist you in getting ready for your surgery.
- You will meet your anesthesiologist and he/she will explain the type of anesthesia you'll be receiving and discuss with you any questions or concerns.
- You may have one or two family members or friends accompany you through this process until you go into the operating room.
- Once you have gone into surgery your family member or friend must wait in the waiting area